[Win The Enterprise-wg] WTE - Enterprise Requirement Traceability

Pitzely, David David_Pitzely at cable.comcast.com
Fri Mar 13 19:43:27 UTC 2015

Hey Everyone,

We had an interesting discussion in our meeting yesterday, and wanted to open it up to the broader WTE team.  As we generate enterprise requirements, we need a consistent way to define and prioritize them, and then track them as they flow through the SDLC.  Each of us should be able to bring up the Top n WTE requirements, and be able to tell where they are in the lifecycle (proposed, rejected, under review, slotted for release, delivered, etc).

So I propose that we brainstorm on the following:

  1.  We should have a consistent format for a requirement/use-case/user-story. What should that look like?
  2.  We’ll need some lightweight governance for new reqs so we can maintain our linear priority and keep all of our teams informed.
  3.  We need to be able to track these requirements through the SDLC of the various projects (some reqs will span multiple projects).

Other thoughts and ideas?

~Dave P.