[Win The Enterprise-wg] Vote for sessions submitted by Enterprise Working Group

Sriram Subramanian sriram at clouddon.com
Thu Jul 30 06:09:00 UTC 2015

Stef,

You are making a valid point. However, please note that not many in this
DL/ OpenStack DL might be aware that votes don't count that much (It is
indeed a larger discussion on the purpose of voting itself)

Having said that, this DL is particularly welcoming towards announcements
on intra-group efforts. Such announcements also helped drive more
participation/ support during the summit sessions.

I personally don't mind (and I think most in this DL will agree) such
announcements in this DL.

Thanks,
-Sriram

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Maish Saidel-Keesing <maishsk at maishsk.com>
wrote:

> On 07/29/15 19:12, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
>
>> On 07/29/2015 04:00 AM, Yih Leong, Sun. wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else from Enterprise Working Group submitted any session?
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I understand that the popularity contest known as 'public voting' is
>> very popular but let's not kid ourselves: the votes don't count that
>> much. The good track chairs don't really keep into considerations the
>> wisdom of the crowd because the crowd rarely has any wisdom (and this
>> statement can be empirically proven right :))
>>
>> That said, sending off-topic messages like this one to working groups
>> mailing lists decreases the signal/noise ratio of the list making people
>> wonder if it's worth to keep the subscription.
>>
> Then I have to sincerely ask - what is the benefit of even having any kind
> of voting?
>
> If we are talking about a signal/noise ratio - I think that the voting
> only creates more noise.
>
> What is the added benefit then?
>
> /Maish putting on his beanie..
>

>> /stef putting his hard-hat on