[Win The Enterprise-wg] Kolla Abstract for Tokyo Summit Re: [CFP] OpenStack Day Seattle 2015

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Wed Jul 15 23:56:27 UTC 2015

Thanks Dilip. It looks good!

From: Dilip Modi [mailto:dilip.modi at oracle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:17 PM
To: Barrett, Carol L; enterprise-wg at lists.openstack.org
Cc: Jastrzebski, Michal
Subject: Kolla Abstract for Tokyo Summit Re: [Win The Enterprise-wg] [CFP] OpenStack Day Seattle 2015

Hi Carol and team,

Here is one proposal submitted (I think there is one more and I will send it tomorrow) by engrs building images for Kolla.

Title: The Kolla Command Line: Making The Easiest OpenStack Deployment Tool Even Easier

Abstract:
Kolla helps to make the OpenStack installation and configuration process considerably less painful via the containerization of OpenStack services and the use of Ansible to manage HA multi-node deployment.

In its current state Kolla still requires fairly simple (pick a text editor) manipulation of the Ansible inventory files and unless you know Ansible it can still be a bit of work to get things set up the way you want.  The goal of the Kolla Command Line is to make the installation and configuration of your OpenStack environment simple enough that little to no knowledge about containers or Ansible is necessary.

This session will explain how to use the Kolla Command Line to install and configure a multi-node HA OpenStack deployment.  It will also explain how the changes made via the command line utility translate into Ansible and how you can hook custom code into the utility to perform additional work when executing commands.

Speaker: Borne Mace, Oracle

Thanks
Dilip