[Win The Enterprise-wg] [Summit Submission] Highly Available OpenStack: From Theory to Reality

Shamail Tahir itzshamail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 22:24:41 UTC 2015

Following Dave's lead... here is a session that Gerd, Sriram, and I have
submitted.  The main focus of the presentation will be to educate the
audience on OpenStack HA configurations by referring to both the HA-Guide
and real world experiences.  Have a great weekend!

*Speakers:* Gerd Prüßmann, Sriram Subramanian, and Shamail Tahir

*Title:* Highly Available OpenStack: From Theory to Reality

*Track:* “Plan Your OpenStack Project”

*Abstract:*

We all know there are two sides to every story, and, in this session the
theory and reality of highly available OpenStack clouds will be discussed.
We will cover concepts from the OpenStack HA-Guide that provide
active/active and active/passive configuration guidelines (the
“theoretical” configuration of OpenStack HA) and walk-through HA
considerations that Deutsche Telekom had to implement, and design, from a
practical production grade OpenStack deployment perspective (the reality).
We will also discuss the state (and implications) of a multiple
availability zone and region setup.

*Key Take-Aways:*

   -

   Learn the tools and components you can leverage to make your cloud
   highly-available
   -

   Practical advice on implementation of HA OpenStack services
   -

   Identify resources available to help with the planning and design
   elements of your cloud HA strategy
   -

   Recommendations on selecting active/active or active/passive as a HA
   strategy

*Link for
Voting: https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/call-for-speakers/TalkDetails/3118
<https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/call-for-speakers/TalkDetails/3118>*