[Win The Enterprise-wg] [Win The Enterprise] Hidden Influencers Meet Up in Paris from Stefano

Barrett, Carol L carol.l.barrett at intel.com
Thu Oct 23 16:19:28 UTC 2014

All - Albert Tan from HDS saw this post by Stefano. It's another great opportunity for us to talk about how we work together to make OpenStack successful.
Hope to see you there.
Carol

http://maffulli.net/2014/10/07/next-steps-for-hidden-influencers/

"Please spread the word among the WTE group and have more 'influencers'
join the online discussions and the one live in Paris."

With Paris only weeks away it's time to announce that we have a time and place to meet people whose job is to decide what OpenStack means for their company. The OpenStack Foundation has offered a room to meet in Paris on Monday, November 3rd, in the afternoon<http://openstacksummitnovember2014paris.sched.org/event/268a9853812c22ca8d0636b9d8f0c831>: please add the meeting to your schedule<http://openstacksummitnovember2014paris.sched.org/event/268a9853812c22ca8d0636b9d8f0c831>.
There have been discussions in the past weeks about the hidden influencers,<http://robhirschfeld.com/2014/07/01/hidden-influencers/> there was a recent call by Randy Bias to identify people, functions, groups, anything who can own the product OpenStack. The time is ripe to get to know who directly control the engineers' priorities and complete the circle of end users, operators, product owners, developers.
Rob, Sean, Allison and I have the idea of creating a working group modelled after the Operators group: get people in the same room, some time mid-cycle and sync up on the development effort. It's just an idea, mid-cycle is when the development roadmap gets more realistic, it's more clear which blueprints are in good shape and which are less likely to make it into the release. We believe it would be valuable to have a moment when product decision makers can coordinate and get a chance to share their priorities.
The room is available for 4 hours, but of course we can use for less time if needed. It makes sense to start hacking some of the topics in the next weeks, before Paris. Please join the mailing list<http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/product-wg> and introduce yourself while the agenda will be drafted on the etherpad<https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/paris-product-meeting>. For naming the group you can join the async brainstorming session<https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/random-names-wg> (drop names at random and don't judge yourself nor others: everything is fair game).