[Win The Enterprise-wg] libvirtWatchdog status

Jastrzebski, Michal michal.jastrzebski at intel.com
Fri Dec 5 12:15:43 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

We're working on automatic evacuation in this approach:
1. We want to add extra information to nova servicegroup api regarding host health - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/137768/
2. We want to add new plugin to servicegroup mechanism which will use Pacemaker and provide best information about host health
3. Provide pacemaker configuration scripts for enable pacemaker to perform actual evacuation

This is basically what Russell spoke about, and while I agree that technically it's not required that nova would know about host health (as long as pacemaker will perform fencing on host down), I still think that nova should have this information for consistency of existing logic, for example:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1379292 . Nova service group is very misunderstood and often used as monitoring tool, even in nova (evacuation) or horizon (horizon presents message about host health based on servicegroup).

I think it would be good idea to actually provide quality information for such mechanisms to use.

Regards,
Michał Jastrzębski