[Elections-committee] [Foundation Board] Plan for asking the electorate regarding bylaw change for election process

Troy Toman troy at tomanator.com
Mon Jan 6 20:55:51 UTC 2014

Tim,

Todd may have a more complete answer. But, I thought I would respond with my understanding of things.

The last discussion we had revolved around the need to get a legally sufficient description of either STV or Condorcet that the board could consider. I would assume, that since we have not seen an update otherwise, that work did not reach a state where it could be considered. Given that, it seems we have missed any change of considering a change during this voting cycle.

It would be useful to get an update to understand if the work didn’t finish because we just couldn’t confidently overcome the legal concerns or if we just need others to pick up the ball on writing the process descriptions. If it is the latter, I would offer to help.

Troy