[Elections-committee] Draft Timeline

Todd Moore tmmoore at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 16 18:35:36 UTC 2013

Well since we have adopted a plan to vote the change at the January
meetings, your suggestion is not unreasonable.  My concern is that we
garner the voters attention before they head off for the Holidays.  I've
never been a fan of announcing things at years end and expecting that
people catch on to it.

I suppose that with the note that goes out on Dec. 6th closing the
nominations, we could also indicate that the special vote would be on the
ballot. That would mean a vote on Dec 4th by the board or near that timing.

Is that acceptable to all?

Todd M. Moore

Director, Interoperability and Partnerships

11501 Burnet Rd. MS 9035H014
Austin, TX , 78758.  (512) 286-7643 (tie-line 363)
tmmoore at us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Jonathan Bryce <jonathan at openstack.org>                                                                                                           |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |Todd Moore/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,                                                                                                                      |
|------------>
| Cc:        |
|------------>
  |"Alan Clark" <aclark at suse.com>, elections-committee at lists.openstack.org, "Mark Radcliffe" <Mark.Radcliffe at dlapiper.com>                           |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |10/16/2013 01:23 PM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Re: [Elections-committee] Draft Timeline                                                                                                          |

If we are not changing the voting method for the January 2014 elections, I
don't think we would have to have the Board decision finalized before the
2014 election period opens. We would need to know before we send out the
meeting notice but that could go out in late November or early December.

Jonathan

On Oct 16, 2013, at 1:20 PM, Todd Moore <tmmoore at us.ibm.com> wrote:

      I was hoping Jonathan would chime in on our ability to do such a
      thing.  When we discussed this yesterday, it seemed that to get folks
      attention and get the material out we needed to be on the timeline as
      outlined.  In fact this one pushed out some dates to make this work.

      Jonathan?

      tmmoore at us.ibm.com

      <graycol.gif>"Alan Clark" ---10/16/2013 08:57:20 AM---I  seem to be
      having connection problems with the conference calls.  I would like
      to make the recomm

 <ecblank.gif>  <ecblank.gif>
       From:    "Alan Clark" <aclark at suse.com>

 <ecblank.gif>  <ecblank.gif>
       To:      <elections-committee at lists.openstack.org>, Todd
                Moore/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,

 <ecblank.gif>  <ecblank.gif>
       Date:    10/16/2013 08:57 AM

 <ecblank.gif>  <ecblank.gif>
       Subject: Re: [Elections-committee] Draft Timeline

      I  seem to be having connection problems with the conference calls.

      I would like to make the recommendation that make a couple of
      modifications to the timeline.  I would like to give the community
      more time to discuss and understand.

      My recommendation is that we not hold a board vote at the November 4
      board meeting. Instead let's do a vote in December.
      Add in additional community meetings and let's blog and include
      information in the newsletter in November.

      -AlanClark