[Elections-committee] Election Committee Minutes - 10/15/13

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Oct 16 06:30:40 UTC 2013

Very nice summary Todd ...

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 13:48 -0500, Todd Moore wrote:

[...]
> We opened the meeting with context set by Mark R. and Todd reiterated the
> goals set forth in the previous minutes.

We also had a discussion about our duty of care as directors and the
speed with which we were proposing moving forward. The committee felt
that we are acting in a thoughtful and considered manner and that these
latest developments should be seen as part of a long discussion process.

In particular, the point was made that the committee's previous
preference to "tweak" the cumulative voting system implementation was
based on the understanding that it would not require a bylaws change. It
is that clarification that has lead us to re-group quickly and
re-evaluate the other options.

[...]

Thanks again,
Mark.