[Elections-committee] Draft STV Briefing Paper for Committee Review

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Oct 15 18:13:57 UTC 2013

Jim,

Thus, my understanding of both Condorcet and STV is that if we do not require a complete ranking, we could up with concerns that the "bullet" scenario could occur (i.e. single candidate votes) despite the change of algorithm.

If we require voting for ALL candidates, we could be asking 10K+ people to order 20+ people which may risk some random voting patterns to complete the form.

Tim