[Elections-committee] Table of voting systems comparisons

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Oct 11 18:02:14 UTC 2013

On 10/11/2013 01:45 PM, Tim Bell wrote:

> To what extent do criteria differ for a 501c3 compared to a 501c6 ?

IANAL

a c3 is an org related to charitable and public interest work. donations
to it are tax deductible, and it is limited from participating in
certain types of political operations

a c6 is a business league - such as chamber of commerce. Donations are
not tax deductible, but they can do more politically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501%28c%29#501.28c.29.286.29

AIUI - The c3 is the harder one to obtain, because of the tax-exemption
provided to monies coming in - hi money laundering!