[Elections-committee] Thank you and Actions

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at dreamhost.com
Thu Nov 7 18:10:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Todd Moore <tmmoore at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Sorry we were boring.  :-)  I think I recognized at least 8 people that
> had provided commentary previously.  The audience dropped in number as the
> curious moved on (as we "bored" them).  My observation was after sorting
> through and subtracting foundation board members, and staff at the end of
> the session and asking others opinions on who the attendees were.  If you
> have a more accurate number please update us.
>
> Net:  we certainly did not wow the audience, or attract many people.  So,
> how are we going to reach more folks?  I think that is what is most
> important.

I'm not sure what was done to publicize the event, but I only knew about it
because I subscribe to the committee mailing list (although Simon may have
mentioned it to us at breakfast one day earlier in the week, too). At least
one group of people I mentioned it to afterwards would have been interested
in attending, if they had known about it.

Doug