[OpenStack-DefCore] [interop] Looking for participants in the Interop Challenge for Barcelona

Tong Li litong01 at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 26 13:42:19 UTC 2016

cloud-config and userdata both need to be supported to make this work.
Since you lampstack one worked, I assume that your cloud support user-data
(not all clouds do).

Tong Li
IBM Open Technology
Building 501/B205
litong01 at us.ibm.com

From:	Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>
To:	defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org
Date:	09/23/2016 06:06 PM
Subject:	Re: [OpenStack-DefCore] [interop] Looking for participants in

On 09/21/2016 07:59 PM, Tong Li wrote:
> It seems to me that your cloud-config was not run or the bootstrap.sh
> was not run correctly.

I tried running bootstrap manually on one of the machines and this is
the error I get:

 core at docker-swarm-1 ~ $ sudo sh keys/bootstrap.sh
 Error Loading request extension section v3_req
 140624207943312:error:22075075:X509 V3
routines:v2i_GENERAL_NAME_ex:unsupported
option:v3_alt.c:550:name=subjectAltName
 140624207943312:error:22098080:X509 V3 routines:X509V3_EXT_nconf:error
in extension:v3_conf.c:95:name=subjectAltName, value=@alt_names
 Error Loading extension section v3_req
 140360703936144:error:22075075:X509 V3
routines:v2i_GENERAL_NAME_ex:unsupported
option:v3_alt.c:550:name=subjectAltName
 140360703936144:error:22098080:X509 V3 routines:X509V3_EXT_nconf:error
in extension:v3_conf.c:95:name=subjectAltName, value=@alt_names
 Job for swarm-agent.service failed because a configured resource limit
was exceeded. See "systemctl status swarm-agent.service" and "journalctl
-xe" for details.
 Job for swarm-manager.service failed because a configured resource
limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status swarm-manager.service" and
"journalctl -xe" for details.

Not sure what's going on here... The boot log I see looks very empty,
cloud-config doesn't seem to even get called:

http://paste.openstack.org/show/582785/

This could be a bug in our coreos image, I've asked DH staff to look at
it, too.

thanks,
stef