[OpenStack-DefCore] [User-committee] [interop] Looking for participants in the Interop Challenge for Barcelona

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 21 16:30:30 UTC 2016

On 09/21/2016 05:49 AM, Tong Li wrote:
> I think at present, the challenge is that not many cloud enable HEAT, so few has Murano installed.

This. Murano is cool, but it's not even commonly part of OpenStack installations[1]. If the intention of the Interop Challenge is to demonstrate how identical workloads can be run on different OpenStack clouds with minimal changes, then the lowest common denominators need to be applied.

I'd argue that even Heat is out of scope here, since Heat is not part of the DefCore standard but I'll just ignore it at the moment :)

/stef

[1] https://www.openstack.org/software/releases/mitaka/components/murano