[OpenStack-DefCore] Definition of core

Ghanshyam Mann ghanshyam.mann at nectechnologies.in
Fri Oct 28 14:44:55 UTC 2016

Thanks for bringing this up.

So as per current Tempest Scope, tests for 6 projects (nova, cinder, swift, neutron, keystone, glance) can be in Tempest tree and other are via plugin.

Currently heat is out of those 6 projects.

This was something we discussed in Atlanta [1]. These 6 projects was first list which QA considered to make in tree tests and others in plugin etc. Also this can be always extended but we need some clear criteria may be based on TC guidelines
etc before extension.

I feel that criteria plays key role in future too if any project ask to add their tests in QA.

> problem). They have shared this post with us as the definition they are using
> of "core project" they are using:
> https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/

QA is not defining what "Core project" is and I do think we are based on any assumption also. That blog link was given as reference to understand the layer structure of component which is very nice to look into (There is no definition of "Core project" there).

.. [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-QA-in-the-big-tent

Thanks & Regards,
Ghanshyam Mann