[OpenStack-DefCore] [interop-challenge] Floating IPs

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at corp.ovh.com
Thu Oct 13 13:31:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

There is something strange when I run the ansible lampstack playbook.

At OVH we do not provide Floating IPs. Our default behavior is to provide directly the public IP on eth0 of the instances.

To make the app work, I need to use my "Ext-Net" (in private_net_name parameter) which is similar to a private network but it's directly routed.
As a consequence, the app will use the public network to communicate between nodes.

I know some other CSP have direct public IP on the instance too. Does it work like that for you?
Is it ok for the challenge on stage?

--
Jean-Daniel Bonnetot
ovh.com | @pilgrimstack