[OpenStack-DefCore] Definition of core

Ken'ichi Ohmichi ken1ohmichi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:19:58 UTC 2016

> at the contributors meetup for QA we have been discussing about whether
> to keep the heat tests that are meant to be for interoperability in
> tempest tree or not. An interesting discussion arised from that.
>
> We are having a discussion (with gmann and oomichi) about whether heat
> could be considered core project or not (if it was core, there would be
> no problem). They have shared this post with us as the definition they
> are using of "core project" they are using:
> https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/
>
> Can someone clarify whether this definition is still valid or whether we
> don't use it anymore? Is there any more up to date definition? Any
> comment or clarification welcome.

No, we didn't show the above brog as the concrete definition of core projects.
The brog's content was the first step of "big-tent" which allows new
projects creations as possible.
That means we are needing the definition of core projects for the
interoperability, IIUC.
I believe many people understand the technical background.

Current core projects are showed on
https://www.openstack.org/software/project-navigator/ as "Core
Services ( 6 Results )".
Isn't the definition also official yet?