[OpenStack-DefCore] Is it fine to change test paths of Tempest? (Re: [openstack-dev] [QA][all] Propose to remove negative tests from Tempest)

Mark Voelker mvoelker at vmware.com
Fri Mar 18 12:46:39 UTC 2016

Good explanation Catherine!   So as she described: a change in the test name (or path) *does* affect us, but it’s generally super easy for us to deal with and IMHO shouldn’t be an issue that holds up refactoring.  Basically we just add an alias to the Guideline's JSON files when a test changes and it’s taken care of.  It’s helpful if we can get a heads-up if a test’s name is changing so we can add the alias before folks trying to get a trademark/logo license agreement from the Foundation run into problems, but in the event something slips through it’s a pretty trivial fix that we can merge quickly.

At Your Service,

Mark T. Voelker