[OpenStack-DefCore] Discussing tests

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at corp.ovh.com
Mon Mar 14 11:06:46 UTC 2016

Hi Sean,

Interesting feedback. The following discussion will probably be out of the target of this mailing list but the case should be considered.

The issue we had wit Ceph was Nova accepted to DELETE the instance even if task_state was image_pending_upload but the Ceph ressources wasn’t deleted (from Ceph point of view).
On the Ceph integration test, do you check this kind of situation?

Do not hesitate to redirect me on an other mailing list if you think it’s more appropriate.

—
Jean-Daniel Bonnetot
http://www.ovh.com
@pilgrimstack

> Le 12 mars 2016 à 01:37, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> a écrit :
>
> On 03/11/2016 10:25 AM, Chris Hoge wrote:
>>> On Mar 11, 2016, at 6:36 AM, Jean-Daniel Bonnetot <jean-daniel.bonnetot at corp.ovh.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Agree, we are doing a non-standard stuffs when it’s required and we have to do it.
>>> I’m not saying we can’t manage it in a different way, I’m saying that with different constraints we often need to deal and choose between answering customers needs, make our infrastructure stable and scalable and being fully compliant.
>>>
>>> I need to be more precise on the things we corrected on our infrastructure. We raise a 409 error on instance deletion when task_state is image_pending_upload.
>>> So the modification is on Nova side (my bad, I told about Glance).
>>>
>>> Anyway, the steps in tempest.api.compute.images.test_images.ImagesTestJSON.test_delete_saving_image are:
>>> 1. Creating an instance
>>> 2. Snapshotting the instance
>>> 3. Deleting the image while the image is still uploading