[OpenStack-DefCore] My time ending as DefCore CoChair. DefCore mission remains essential

Sam Danes sam.danes at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Jan 25 16:14:01 UTC 2016

Thanks for all your hard work in DefCore Rob! I have always enjoyed our collaboration and efforts together. I look forward to whatever the next OpenStack thing is that finds us working together!

--Sam

From: Rob Hirschfeld <rob at rackn.com<mailto:rob at rackn.com>>
Date: Monday, January 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM
To: "defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org>" <defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org<mailto:defcore-committee at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [OpenStack-DefCore] My time ending as DefCore CoChair. DefCore mission remains essential

DefCore,

I want to thank everyone for your support during the last few years as we worked together accomplish DefCore.  This was a hard challenge and I'm proud of what we built together.  I believe our continued efforts are essential to OpenStack success in the market both for the software and the ecosystem that we hope to create.

That work is far from over; however, it's time for me to step back and allow another person to steward the process.  Egle, Alan and I all believe that my replacement does NOT have to be a standing board member.  They will ask the board to confirm that position.

Egle is an amazing leader and has been a tremendous benefit for DefCore but she cannot do it alone.  By design, leading DefCore is a collaborative effort and I'm looking forward to seeing who you select for the new CoChar.

I will remain involved as needed and continue to both advise DefCore and serve as historian.  My attention is turning from single platform interop (DefCore) toward cross-platform interop (Hybrid Devops).  In that role, I may be able to bring added perspective into the OpenStack efforts.

Thank you.

Rob
--
Rob Hirschfeld