[OpenStack-DefCore] Question about Negative tests in DefCore

Rob Hirschfeld rob at rackn.com
Thu Sep 24 22:36:30 UTC 2015

>  If we agree on negative tests included specifically for the
> purposes of consistent error behavior on a capability that already
> has/will have the corresponding functional test(s) it would alleviate my
> worry.

Sam - in general, DefCore assumes that the community adds tests because
they are checking to make sure that OpenStack behaviors match
expectations.  Unless there is a problem with consistency of the test
(which we handle by flagging the test out of the guideline), then DefCore
really tries to stay out of the picking tests role.  That's really for the
technical leadership.

We start by assuming that all tests have merit or they would be eliminated
from the project before we see them.

Thanks for the question.