[OpenStack-DefCore] Is DefCore like Linux Standard Base?

Rob Hirschfeld rob at rackn.com
Tue Nov 3 01:35:13 UTC 2015

Jim,

I did have discussions around LSB with people in the community who were
concerned that we'd "fail like LSB."

My understanding is that LSB is more focused on patterns and conventions
around Linux.  DefCore took a more test focused approach that allows
users to validate vendor compliance.  User self-validation and reporting
is a key component for DefCore.

In both cases, success requires users to demand compliance from the
vendors.  I don't think you can govern from the Foundation alone.

Rob

--

Rob

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time