[OpenStack-DefCore] Looking at capabilities subdivisions - MISSING TESTS?

Rob Hirschfeld rob at zehicle.com
Wed Jun 24 04:46:08 UTC 2015

All,

I was looking at the capabilities subdivision lists [1] to see if I
could get that done before the meeting tomorrow (which I will miss).

In reviewing the first item, I found that the spreadsheet has a lot more
tests than we currently are tracking in the guideline.

For example, "compute-auth" has 4 tests currently, but the 10 new
divisions [2] have 28.

That presents some items for consideration
1. we have a lot more tests coming that will impact users of the
guideline (RE potential flags)
2. it will require automation to make the change effectively (as Chris
Hoge pointed out)
3. I don't know how to track which tests we have chosen to omit based on
D302
4. we'll need people to review this pretty carefully!

Even if we don't subdivide the capabilities, we will need to bring in
these tests.

Rob

Notes:

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Fkt2n95WPPe7CYH-0WIKz3dhMeW3FW2gl5aSlamEeY/edit#gid=561264013
[2] compute-auth-[change | create | delete | get | list | reboot |
rebuild | resize | set | update ]