[OpenStack-DefCore] Expanding compute capabilities

Ievgeniia Zadorozhna izadorozhna at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 23 10:42:12 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am in progress of investigating the Compute API for expanding the
coverage of api/compute tests for non-admin user and creating more tests.
After the investigation of Compute API and existing tests in tempest, as a
result, we can add some tests to following capabilities:

* compute-volume:
   * test list snapshots;
   * test list details for snapshots;
   * test create snapshot;
   * test delete snapshot;
   * test show snapshot.

* compute-servers:
   * test get spice console (if it is enabled on public clouds).

Also, since users can create networks in their own tenants, I want to
propose to add in api/compute/test_tenant_networks.py the following tests
that use “os-tenant-networks” compute extension in the API requests:
   * test create project network;
   * test delete project network.

The current status of api/compute/test_tenant_networks.py tests suite is
that it has only 2 tests (list_tenant_networks, get_tenant_network), so if
users can manipulate their networks we can expand the coverage by adding
more actions with tenant networks.
These tests don't belong to any capability right now so maybe new
capability should be created.

Please share your thoughts about, which of these tests can be useful for
defcore project?

I'll continue looking for more non-admin compute API requests that are not
covered in tempest yet. If you have any additional information or ideas
please feel free to share.

--
Best regards,

Ievgeniia Zadorozhna
QA Engineer
Mirantis Inc

[image: OSSV-signature-2015.gif] <http://www.openstacksv.com/>
Follow the OpenStack Silicon Valley event on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/OpenStackSV>