[OpenStack-DefCore] Image APIs in Glance and Nova

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Fri Jun 19 16:25:09 UTC 2015

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 9:00 AM, John Garbutt <john at johngarbutt.com> wrote:
>
> On 17 June 2015 at 20:27, Mark Voelker <mvoelker at vmware.com> wrote:
> <massive snip>++
>
>> IMHO hashing out a solution will likely require some discussion and agreement among a couple of different groups within the community (Nova, Glance, & DefCore all seem to have skin in the game here).  What do you think is the best way to start tackling these sorts of things?  Cross-project specs?  Start nailing items to the TC meeting agendas?  Let ML discussions like this start driving priority lists [4] for the relevant projects?  Have inter-project liaisons [5] take it up?
>
> I don't think Nova needs to be involved here, its a Glance API issue.
> I hope the Glance folks correct me if I am talking rubbish.

From the beginning Nova, Cinder, Glance, and even Neutron have been tightly coupled.
It’s a Glance API issue, but it’s also pressing Nova API issue. Not my project/not my
problems hurts end users.

I just want to be able to boot an image on a VM and attach a network, and do it
in a portable way. If any aspect of that is a problem for one project it becomes a
problem for all projects.