[OpenStack-DefCore] Removed and Versioned Havana Capability Tests

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Fri Jan 30 19:55:22 UTC 2015

Chris,

I don't think we should be testing against tag3 for Havana.  Tag 1 is the tag that was created just after Havana was released.  These are the tests that should define Havana capabilities.

Testing against Tag3 will ensure that the Havana capabilities are compatible with the Juno tests and capabilities that exist in Juno, but it doesn't address the fixed nature of the compatibility of a specific release.

I think as a group, both DefCore and the Refstack team, we need to specifically define how we identify the tests for a release certification.  Right now, Refstack test sets are changing as tag sets are chosen for testing against the Havana capabilities list.  Mayb that's what DefCore wants, but I don't think so.

>From a vendor perspective, I would want a *fixed* set of tests against which my Release would be tested.  The only time I would want to change that list is if I rolled out a maintenance release and that release used new or modified tests to validate a core capability.

This is a great email to start the discussion on exactly how DefCore will identify the tests associated with a capability/Release set.

--Rocky