[OpenStack-DefCore] Scale 15 notes: asking for DefCore to recommend Guideline & Process NEXT WEEK

Rob Hirschfeld rob at rackn.com
Wed Apr 29 17:27:21 UTC 2015

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.14

ACTION ITEM: Please give final review of process 2015A!
http://bit.ly/defcore2015a

# Summary

* We are going to cleanup the rosters for DefCore - we'll send out a
link for you to review your membership current & historical
* Planned for presentations at the Summit.  Expanded speakers for Monday
Session: Rocky, Catherine, Egle, Mark, Chris are panelists, Rob will
moderate
* Advanced 2 patches - notable patch is 2015A.A3 about technical
leadership participation
* Identified that we need PTL input on Keystone Designated Sections
* Agreed next meeting will be to recommend items for Board review in
Vancover

Full Body:

# DefCore Scale.14

2015, April 29 @ 9am PT

Previous: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.13
Following: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.15

# Summary

* We are going to cleanup the rosters for DefCore - we'll send out a
link for you to review your membership current & historical
* Planned for presentations at the Summit.  Expanded speakers for Monday
Session: Rocky, Catherine, Egle, Mark, Chris are panelists, Rob will
moderate
* Advanced 2 patches - notable patch is 2015A.A3 about technical
leadership participation
* Identified that we need PTL input on Keystone Designated Sections
* Agreed next meeting will be to recommend items for Board review in
Vancover

# Roll Call
   Mark T.  Voelker (VMware)
   Rob Hirschfeld
   Rocky Grober (Huawei)
   Chris Hoge (OpenStack Foundation)
   Catherine Diep (IBM)
   Carol Barrett (Intel)
Alan Clark

# Agenda

* Prep for Summit
* Review Patches
* Membership
* Schema Update

# Membership Discussion

Three named roles in DefCore > Chair Year 1 (Board), Chair Year 2
(Board), Secretary (Foundation)
Formal Votes: are Board Members only (unless concensus)

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/DefCoreCommittee

DECiSION: Members can continue to self add, review start of cycle
ACTION: Membership policy header by Rob
ACTION: We will clean up existing membership.  People will review.

# DefCore Session

Three Talks
* Chris & Catherine - Tempest Talk [Tuesday @ 11:15]

* Round Table - Egle & Rob  [Monday @ 2]
   * Speakers - Alan, Sean, Egle, Rob
   * Moderated Panel
   * Audience is users & vendors
   * Topics
   * Vision from the Board, why was DefCore created (very short, vision
oriented pitch)
       * Very brief intro -> minimal on the HOW
      * Vendor process - how it works & who
      * What will be hard
     * What is the impact going to be
     * Further topics for next cycle - [API only, A or B compoents,
non-Tempest]
     ** re-enforce the Foundation announcements made at the Summit
     ** business aspect (impact, benefit, vision)
     * Call to participate
* Townhall & Working Sessions (Wed AM)
   * get work done
   * frame out big discussion items