[OpenStack-DefCore] DefCore 12 notes & Friday 9am PT working session (details in notes) & Community Sessions 4/21

Rob Hirschfeld rob at zehicle.com
Wed Apr 15 17:14:25 UTC 2015

# DefCore Scale.12

**** WE NEED HELP ADVERTISING THE DEFCORE COMMUNITY SESSIONS ****

Send people to https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.Community

# Summary

* We reviewed the status of the 2015A Process and felt that we're on
track for Board approval in Vancouver
* We are holding community meetings on 4/21 at 8 & 8 (working on
presentation 4/17 @ 9 PT)
* We are discussing processes to make sure that we can manage & track
tests in a consistent way
* We are working on an update to the 2015.next  schema that reflects
these discussions

2015, April 15 @ 9am PT

Previous: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.11
Following: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.13

#Roll Call

     Chris Hoge (OpenStack Foundation)

     Van Lindberg (Rackpace)

     Alan Clark (SUSE)

     Rocky Grober (Huawei)

     Vince Brunssen (IBM)

     Catherine Diep (IBM)

     Egle Sigler (Co-Chair, Rackspace)

     Rob HIrschfeld (Cochair, RackN)

#Agenda

     TC meeting feedback

     DefCore presentation decks

     2015.next update

     Identity tests for 2015.05 https://review.openstack.org/#/c/169655/

     Update to JSON Schema https://review.openstack.org/#/c/171427/

     Add RST validator to repository (tox test)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172497/

     Which issues to defer until after Vancover

# TC review
* Some process questions around testing
* Largely positive feedback

# Defcore Presentation Decks
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QG765Hq37hPAmBkJlFHWyn2vXG_jaVu6iKTtrzIvlME/edit
Friday April 17 9 AM PDT Work Session https://join.me/641-284-583

Tuesday April 21 8 AM CDT
Tuesday April 21 8 PM CDT

See https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DefCoreScale.Community

# 2015.next update
Items from previous meeting

     Reassociation of tests with capabilities

     What to do about test and capability drift

     Identify source upstream

     Use upstream tag, other SHA

     2015.next identifying upstream repository by commit SHA

     Moving tests into appropriate capabilities, deleting capabilities
without tests

     More granularity to add tests over time

     Match tests to capabilities

     Test exists for at least one cycle of standard

     Not necessary to be advisory, but needs to have some existence.

     Adding tests needs to happen through Gerrit.

Spent 20 minutes talking about Guideline Schema changes

--

Rob

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time
http://robhirschfeld.com