[OpenStack-DefCore] Defcore Moving to Implementation!

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Thu Apr 2 17:23:28 UTC 2015

Good people of defcore,

I’m excited to announce that all of your hard work is paying off, and we at the Foundation are now operationally executing on the new requirements approved by the board as 2015.03 !  What does this mean?

1) We are communicating the new, board approved requirements on this page: openstack.org/interop <http://openstack.org/interop> (right now it’s a just hand curated text in a table, but in the near future we’ll pull the capabilities and designated sections programmatically from the json, the single source of truth).

2) Going forward, all *new* licensees of the “OpenStack Powered” program will be required to meet these specs, including tests which we (chris hoge specifically) will be validating.

3) At this time, we are *encouraging*, though not *requiring*, existing licensees for existing OpenStack Powered products in the marketplace (openstack.org/marketplace <http://openstack.org/marketplace>) to run the tests and re-sign the agreements. This is something we aren’t going to rush into, the primary focus is on new products, which we expect to see many of as we approach the Vancouver summit.  We would like to get all of the public clouds validated under the new model as quickly as possible, though, since those tend to be more continuously delivered, and are a key target for developers.

We started communicating these changes to relevant companies via an open marketing meeting yesterday.  The recording, slides, and relevant pages are below:

- Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/open-stackpowered-april2015 <http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/open-stackpowered-april2015>
- Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VBPtHzIZnk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VBPtHzIZnk>
- OpenStack Brand Guide: https://www.openstack.org/brand <https://www.openstack.org/brand>
- OpenStack Interoperability Guidelines: https://www.openstack.org/brand/interop/ <https://www.openstack.org/brand/interop/>
- Need help running the tests? Email interop at openstack.org <mailto:interop at openstack.org> (which goes to Chris Hoge)

Thanks again for everyone’s hard work!  We are finally able to put it to good use.

Mark