[OpenStack-DefCore] Suggestions on trademark changes, possible meeting 10/2 or earlier

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Tue Sep 23 16:36:32 UTC 2014

Dell Customer Communication

> From: Simon Anderson [mailto:simon at dreamhost.com] Hi Rob, I may have
> heard a different output from the Board call - which was that the Foundation staff would work on some multi-TM proposals and share them with the DefCore committee/Board. So Jonathan, Mark and Lauren may already be working on them.

Simon, I heard a lot of different positions taken.  There was no clear guidance from the board in this regard and I believe our charter is to propose a variety of options for discussion.   One could/should be "stay the course" and others should explore "levels" like the TC are discussing.  Another path would be to accelerate the "submarks" like you've suggested as an addition to the core/base mark we've put into the process.

My issue is NOT with the changes proposed (there are several reasonable options) but with the continuous thrash in the board meeting that dilutes our effectiveness.  These issues and discussions should have been raised before the meeting so that we could adjust the agenda.