[OpenStack-DefCore] Suggestions on trademark changes, possible meeting 10/2 or earlier

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Mon Sep 22 21:09:12 UTC 2014

All,

Last Thursday, the board did not act on any of our recommendations.  The Board is reconsidering one of the guiding principles from Hong Kong - DefCore is trying to define a minimum base definition for OpenStack.  Instead, they've asked us for multiple Trademark proposals.

ACTION ITEM: I'd be interested in hearing suggestions from the committee that we can use as the basis for a etherpad.

Towards that end, I think we should schedule a meeting on Thursday 10/2.  I'm open to having a working session before that to brainstorm options (possibly with Mark or Jonathan).

I'd ask you to consider two items in preparation:

1)      Sean Dague's Layers Model: https://dague.net/2014/08/26/openstack-as-layers/

2)      Consideration of OpenStack as a product or "big tent" which seems to be part of the OpenStackSV output: Monty http://inaugust.com/post/108 and Randy http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/09/17/the-achilles-heel-of-openstack-is-lack-of-product-leadership-openstacksv/

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone