[OpenStack-DefCore] Results from Community Meetings > discussion/+1 about reconsidering Havana Swift as a core capability

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 12 18:56:00 UTC 2014

On Sep 12, 2014, at 2:37 PM, Joshua McKenty <joshua at pistoncloud.com> wrote:

> Just so I’m clear, Doug - you would therefore also like to propose some designated sections for Keystone?

Based on comments from the meeting yesterday, I thought we had no keystone tests, and so there wouldn’t be a need for any designated sections. That’s not optimal, in my mind, because the community did *build* a version of keystone for havana, but if we don’t have the tests or have not required capabilities for some other reason, then I am OK with ignoring the designated sections question for havana.

If I misheard or that information about the tests was incorrect, then we should apply the same criteria to keystone that I’m proposing for Swift and either have some designated sections or reconsider whether we include the capabilities. In the keystone case, dropping the capabilities would seriously hinder our ability to say that DefCore is describing an interoperable set of features, since authentication is so pervasive, and so the resolution would need to be thought through very carefully.

Doug