[OpenStack-DefCore] Results from Community Meetings > discussion/+1 about reconsidering Havana Swift as a core capability

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Fri Sep 12 02:01:48 UTC 2014

Tom,

I'll have to ask individuals to come forward to restate this position - many of the cases were 1x1 dialogs or during meetings related to OpenStack.   At recent meetings Dell, SUSE, Piston, IBM and DreamHost have all made these statements.  I could name others; however, we really need people to represent their own positions where possible.

Regarding designated sections justification, we are moving that into a Gerrit process to make it easier to track the feedback.  Until then, we will have to accept the amount of community documentation generated in the etherpad.  I'm happy to entertain suggestions to delay the process while we collect additional feedback, but those would have to come from you or others.

For both Swift and Keystone, we need the PTLs and technical community to create more information for discussion.  Since we're only worried about Havana at this stage, there is time to fill in the blanks for future releases.

Finally, I feel obliged to point out that some people who come to me are afraid to state these positions publicly because they see they the aggressive treatment that is given to people who voice alternate perspectives.  You can choose to discount me as a reporter of these perspectives; however, we need to acknowledge that people will not be willing to speak up until we welcome all views.

Rob