[OpenStack-DefCore] Results from Community Meetings > discussion/+1 about reconsidering Havana Swift as a core capability

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Fri Sep 12 00:45:32 UTC 2014

On 12/09/14 04:35, Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com wrote:
> I have gotten significant and consistent feedback that the two Swift
> capabilities should not be included in Havana Core.  This has come from
> multiple sources, a variety of interests, and different reasons were
> given.

Hi Rob,

Following up from our discussion during the recent community meeting, is
this feedback written down anywhere? I cannot find it and would suggest
that the justifications being shared with the community.

This is also related to the two action items proposed that we both
agreed were important to fulfil as soon as possible:

Action item: the difference between Havana and Juno that would
facilitate the change in designated/non-designated swift should be
specified in some degree of technical detail. (Potentially from Simon
Anderson)

Action item: the problems with Keystone in Havana should be specified in
some degree of technical detail

Regards,

Tom