[OpenStack-DefCore] Quick Update, ALL designated sections & changes to DefCore structure proposed for next board meeting

rob at zehicle.com rob at zehicle.com
Fri Oct 24 22:48:48 UTC 2014

All,

The board accepted our recommendations for platform & component program at the
last meeting.  The existing capabilities were divided between object (both
object- tests) and the compute (all the rest).

We are going to take up the designated sections proposals next week.  I talked
with John Dickinson and I believe that we'll have a solid recommendation for all
core projects by the board meeting.  Please watch this list so that we can get
quick review of the Swift sections.

Further, I'd like to recommend some changes to DefCore itself:
1) change to a Board working group - the Foundation will assign staff to assist
in regular management of the process.
2) officially require Board co-chairs with rotating 2 year terms for continuity.

I'm planning to propose these changes at the board meeting next week and would
like comment or support (+1s) for the recommendation.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld, 512-773-7522

I am in CENTRAL (-6) time