[OpenStack-DefCore] Specific Capabilities Recommendation

rob at zehicle.com rob at zehicle.com
Fri Oct 17 04:12:27 UTC 2014

DefCore,

I believe it's important for us to have a specific recommendation for the board
meeting so there can be a vote that moves us forward.   I've compiled a draft
based on my understanding of the Foundation's proposal and discussions on the
list.  Discussion (or +1) is encouraged!

I will preemptively remind everyone about the glaring omission of Keystone.
 There were no tests, so we have no Havana Keystone capabilities.

Platform and Program Capabilities

Recommendation:  Extend the DefCore principles to allow for multiple levels:
programs and platforms.  Programs represent subsections of the overall platform.
 In some cases, it is acceptable for a program identified without being included
in the platform.  New programs are added at Foundation recommendation via board
approval.  Programs are added to the platform via board approval.

Recommendation: The initial programs will be Compute & Object.  The DefCore
platform will require the Compute program, Object program and additional
capabilities.

Recommendation: The Compute Program will consist of the following capabilities:

* compute-servers

* compute-volume

* compute-quotas

* compute-flavors

* compute-auth

* compute-keypairs

* compute-servers-metadata

* compute-floating-ips

* compute-images

* compute-instance-actions

* compute-security-groups

Recommendation: The Object Program will consist of the following capabilities:

* objectstore-object,

* objectstore-container

Recommendation: The Platform will consist of all the capabilities in the Compute
and Object programs and the following capabilities:

* images-v1

* volume

* volume-snapshots

Rob