[OpenStack-DefCore] DefCore needs help/review on core capabilities scoring > CURRENT LIST INCLUDED

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Wed May 7 19:23:21 UTC 2014

TC members,

I know many of you have been tracking the DefCore committee progress (background: http://robhirschfeld.com/tag/defcore/ ).

We've reached that critical milestone where we have a partial first pass of the core capabilities list.  While we could continue to refine the list, the committee feels that it's time for TC and community input before we make more adjustments.

The list  is NOT complete and needs your input on several areas.  Here's the link > https://wiki.openstack.org/w/images/e/e3/DefCore_Capabilities_Scoring.pdf

Here's the known issues

*         There are a block of items that are not scored (colored red) against our criteria (see https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/CoreCriteria for details).

*         Also, many of the "TC Future Direction" items are not scored (they have 0.5)

*         There are many other scores that need review and adjustment

*         Some of the capabilities are highlighted in red because they need additional review.

For simplicity, please direct comments back to the DefCore list instead of the TC list.  I'll make sure that everyone is added to the list if you are not on it and get moderated.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
OpenStack Board, DefCore Co-Char & Dell Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone