[OpenStack-DefCore] Refstack brainstorm/specification session(s) Monday at Juno summit

Rochelle.RochelleGrober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Tue May 6 23:01:14 UTC 2014

Folks,
We need to take advantage of the summit and meet to nail down some design directions for the next stages of the Refstack project.  We would like to meet on Monday in one of the pods (other projects if available) and hash out next steps/roadmaps.

We already have a couple of topics we need to flesh out:

Refstack site security/data security for corporate and non-corporate entities

*         Authenticated, secure programmatic transfer of test results to Refstack

*         Segregated Data storage

*         Identification matrix for test runs (version, cloud, submitter class, date, etc)

*         Encryption?

*         Keystone?  Is it enough?  A reasonable foundation?  Or?

Refstack requirements matrix: flesh out and break down into stories?  Identify workflow/priorities on implementation

There are also business rules that will need to be programmatically implemented, but need identification/specification beyond current levels:

*         Definition of Minimum test sets for aggregate data publishing that ensures anonymity and relevancy

*         Definition of specific privileges/responsibilities of corporate data managers

*         Etc?

Just a few topics here to spur discussion on what the meetup(s) should focus on:  Agenda and expected outcomes.

We had talked about a F2F this week on the fits mailing list, but realize that the summit meetup should cover our concerns/needs.

If you have specific blackout times, let's discuss. 11:30am?  1pm?  2:30pm?

If no one suggests a time or blackout, we'll go with the first time.

--Rocky
Huawei Architect without a decent sig