[OpenStack-DefCore] Moment Of Truth: based on current scores & non-admin requirement the list of capabilities is...

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Mon May 5 16:50:05 UTC 2014

DefCore,

THIS IS NOT FINAL.  Let me repeat THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PASS!!!!

We've still got a handful of capabilities to score BUT we've got a lot of them scored.  There's a pretty obvious break at 75 based on the flat weighting.

NOTE: Eliminating the Admin tests really cut down the number of core capability candidates.  I think that is the right course of action AND that we wanted a small core to start; however, we need to be prepared for the attention this will attract.

Over the next few days, we need

1)      Please reply +1 or w/ issues to this thread.

2)      Get the missing items at the bottom reviewed - this email is the start of that process

3)      Post some of the material about this list (linked below) and the list

a.       https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rxDkjcgPlYKuEmcV_Nigp1bSoMRrV7iyJMQ8fzwTr9M/edit

b.      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sbP3YVFdj-zF4Q19OJoXWF9QdRSdJfCbW0dgblfOnBo/edit#

4)      Tweak the capabilities list (Troy is leading this) if needed

I am hopeful that we can present this list as a preliminary list on Sunday to the board.  At this point, I'm thinking we should _not_ vote to approach but hold that until the meeting during OSCON.

Without further ado:

Candidate Capabilities

Score

compute-quotas

100

compute-servers

100

compute-volume

100

compute-flavors

96

compute-auth

92

images-v1

92

images-v2

92

objectstore-container

87

objectstore-object

87

compute-keypairs

83

compute-servers-metadata

83

compute-floating-ips

79

compute-images

79

compute-instance-actions

79

compute-security-groups

71

compute-image-metadata

67

compute-virtual-interfaces

67

<identity-non-admin-roles>

58

compute-limits

58

compute-usage

58

networks-extensions

58

compute-ext-disk-config

50

networks-l2

50

networks-l3

50

compute-live-migration

42

compute-servers-personality

42

networks-floating-ips

37

networks-security-groups

33

networks-lbaas

25

compute-multiple-create

21

orch-stacks

21

compute-attach-interface

17

networks-quotas

17

networks-vpn

17

compute-auth-v3

8

THIS IS NOT FINAL.  Let me repeat THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PASS!!!!

Unscored Capabilities:

objectstore-acct-services

objectstore-container-acl

objectstore-container-quota

objectstore-container-staticweb

objectstore-quotas

volume

volume-extra-specs

volume-multi-backend

volume-snapshots

THIS IS NOT FINAL.  Let me repeat THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PASS!!!!

Rob
Rob Hirschfeld
Sr. Distinguished Cloud Solution Architect
Dell | Cloud Edge, Data Center Solutions
cell +1 512 909-7219 blog robhirschfeld.com, twitter @zehicle
Please note, I am based in the CENTRAL (-6) time zone