[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review - lexicon, Public APIs only & capabilities definition text

Rochelle.RochelleGrober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Fri May 2 19:03:46 UTC 2014

Rob,

Yes, the tests define the capability, but the capability is not the tests.  By defining the function and saying there are no tests, hence no capability, those capabilities can still be identified for test development.  By not allowing even a named function if the tests don't exist, it becomes harder to identify sets of tests that need to be implemented.  I don't know exactly how to state it with adjectives to the capability noun, but something like "existing (or implemented or stable) capability" and "desired (or experimental or ?) capability.  Not sure, but we need to highlight capabilities that should be there but can't be for lack of tests.

--Rocky