[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review - lexicon, Public APIs only & capabilities definition text

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Thu May 1 17:32:36 UTC 2014

I think “Core Capability” works, provided we have a good clear definition for the word that makes it clear this is meant to be used in the context of technical capabilities commercial products are expected to include if they wish to license the OpenStack marks.  Maybe it’s that simple:

Core Capability:  A capability all commercial products are expected to include when marketed as “OpenStack”, to ensure interoperability between such products, which will be implemented via requirements in trademark licenses granted by the foundation.

This should make it clear that the new use of “core” is all about commercial implementations/products nothing else, superseding the old concept of “core” which was more associated with projects and how they are managed in the community.  Is that a fair statement?