[OpenStack-DefCore] Engaging with the TC

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Jan 27 21:07:48 UTC 2014

Hi

I couldn't make the last DefCore meeting because I was still on vacation
but, in any case, if I wasn't on vacation I would have been at the TC
meeting scheduled at the same time.

As a more constructive suggestion than the board firing the TC[1], how
about the defcore committee join the TC at its next IRC meeting to
invite feedback on the draft summary? i.e. just like we're apparently
doing with George Reese and Andrew Clay Shafer?

The only attempt I've noticed the board make to have a joint Board/TC
meeting is to invite at short notice the TC to the Board meeting in
Portland. AFAIR when Thierry and Michael did turn up, the only thing we
discussed is how to organize a joint meeting[2]. When some TC members
joined the board meeting in Hong Kong, they were relegated to the cheap
seats at the back.

OTOH it's entirely trivial to have members of the board join the TC
meeting. Unlike board meetings, the TC meeting is held at a predictable
time every week, anyone can propose items for the agenda and we have an
open floor at the end. It's worth a try, at least.

Mark.

[1] - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4Jw5NdwSs&t=3410
[2] - http://blogs.gnome.org/markmc/2013/05/25/april-14th-openstack-foundation-board-meeting/