[OpenStack-DefCore] Please review, results from Designated Sections review w/ recommendations. +1s needed

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Aug 19 05:50:05 UTC 2014

I'm pretty much blocked out until the ops meetup is over (say 1st
September or so) - when is that board meeting again?

but anyway, here's what I'm thinking:

Simple webapp that does away with everything but components, explaining
the complex bits only in context for what a potential trademark
applicant is trying to do with components.

so, two parts:

1) the form (static html) - what is the activity {run a cloud, make a
storage product etc}, what trademark {powered, compatible, etc}, and
which components are being used

2) the result page (a template, filled in by some code based on the form
selections)

that talks about whether the components they've ticked are enough, and
also about what they're allowed to do with those components.
Ideally, each component name would link off to a dedicated page for that
component explaining the 'designated sections' and required API things.

mockups attached - very, very rough!

I'd propose to create this and circulate it so that the community can
understand the impact of the suggested designated sections before the
board meeting.

Regards,

Tom