[openstack-community] [Ask] Guidelines for answering question on Ask

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri May 10 03:58:58 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

now that the traffic on https://ask.openstack.org has increased, I think
it's time we start collecting guidelines for the moderators so we keep
having a very informative tool, with consistently good questions and

I think it helps for example to pay attention to the titles of the
questions and make them as explicit and clear as possible. The titles
need to look like questions. Good examples are:

* Where can I find instructions on how to setup OpenStack Grizzly on
VMware Workstation?
* How to set up metadata service on a flat network?
* Why do I get "No portal found" error while attaching cinder volume to VM?

I have started collecting best practices from Ask Ubuntu, Mozilla and
Stackoverflow to be published on this page:

Do you have other examples, guidelines that we can imitate?